There’s been some good news and bad news in my COVID life… So perhaps we should break this out.
The bad news:
- It’s almost winter. It feels like we really didn’t get a summer this year and now we have to jump right back into winter! Other than snowshoeing, this is not my favorite season!
- Things are locked down tight again. We aren’t supposed to gather outside of our immediate household, and aren’t supposed to travel, and can’t even go out to eat at a restaurant! So, I’ll be back to my own mediocre home cooking…
- It’s dark. It’s still pretty dark when I “arrive” at work (having had the grueling walk to the spare room commute). And it’s dark when I’m done working for the day. That’s hard on the soul.
The good news:
- The vaccine news is certainly good! In 9 months they have fast-tracked three vaccines! Hopefully they will prove to be both safe and effective; it will be interesting to see how the roll-out goes.
- The winter solstice is in less than a week, so it will start to get light again!
- I have plenty of puzzles to keep me occupied.
- Not been able to go out and be social gives me more time to do some reading!
- Maybe this will be the winter that I go for some drives to find noteworthy things to photograph. I would like to do more of that, and it seems like a perfect opportunity!
Until all this is over, I’ll be dreaming of travel and wide open spaces.
How about you? Are you finding ways to make this lockdown more tolerable?