I hope you are all reading this after spending a day filled with family and friends, good food, and of course, fabulous wine. Before everyone arrives, I just wanted to take a minute to reflect on everything I am thankful for.
1. Family – I am blessed to have a wonderful family filled with people who love me for who I am. And I won the in-law lottery – I scored an amazing second family of people who are warm and caring and fun. And then there is Jon; I can always count on him to steal the first sip out of any glass of wine he pours me, but I wouldn’t trade him for anything. He’s a wonderful husband! Enough said.
2. Coworkers – Spending 45 hours a week of your life with someone could drive you crazy, but fortunately, I am blessed with an amazing group of people to work with. They are the smartest, most grounded, and funniest ladies I could ever hope to be surrounding by. We get things done, but we don’t forget that work without some fun is just plain tedious.
3. Animals – My fur-babies make me happy. I love seeing them first thing when I wake up and last thing before I go to bed. And I love their different personalities; from Ollie wanting to snuggle to Oscar who begs for pets in the kitchen. And then there’s Biz, who might not be the smartest horse, but his antics have kept me busy all these years.
4. Home – I consider myself lucky to live where I do. The scenery is gorgeous, my commute is nothing, and I find nature right in my backyard. The land is green, the weather is mild, and we can afford a good quality of life.
5. Opportunity – My parents taught me that I could be anything I wanted and do anything I set my mind to. I took that to heart, got an education, and set about on a career path that I love. But in my spare time, I have had the opportunity to travel and see this great Nation and parts of this beautiful world. I treasure the experiences that I have had, and always look forward to more.
Happy Thanksgiving everybody! I hope you have joy, and that your hearts are as full of blessings as mine.