What is it about growing older that just makes the years fly by? I feel like just a few weeks ago, I wrote my 2013 Year in Review post, and now it is time (actually a bit overdue) for the 2014 post! There’s no doubt I had good year, but of course, it wasn’t without its hardships. In no particular order…
- Biz, my Quarter Horse gelding, had to have another tooth pulled this spring. Fortunately, he had no complications. He also celebrated his 27th birthday!
- Jon and I took an amazing roadtrip to the Southwest. We visited six states, got to hike in some of the world’s most beautiful places, and learned about our country’s history. Plus, we drank some good beer, checked out the stars, and topped it off with a family wedding.
- I finished my sixth half marathon, with several of my close friends. It was a great weekend spent with good food, great wine, and fabulous company. I love my friends! It was my first half marathon with my husband too – I still consider it together even though he finished 90 minutes before I did.
- My uncle died in August, after a several year battle with colon cancer. I was fortunate to be able to visit him before he died.
- Jon and I took a trip to Michigan in October to visit my grandmother, aunts, uncles and cousins. We also got the chance to visit the northern part of mainland Michigan and sample some great beer and wine, and hike at Sleeping Bear Dunes National Lakeshore. Posts coming!
- Jon and I, with a lot of help from Jon’s dad, painted our huge deck. It was an incredible amount of work, and many gallons of paint! It also makes me wish that the previous owner had stained the deck originally, instead of painting it. I’m glad it is done (for now)!
- After driving by many times on our way to and from Portland, Oregon, Jon and I finally visited Mount St. Helens National Volcanic Monument. It was so cool!
- It was a quiet year on the kitty front – everybody is healthy and happy. Although Oliver is getting older, he is still well, Oscar continues to become more tame, and Coraline is a cheerful little pudge who loves tormenting her brothers.
- I have another new niece or nephew on the way! He or she – it is going to be a surprise – will be joining the family in February 2015!
- I took the plunge and accepted a new job. It is a promotion for me; I’ll be an HR Director! I said goodbye to my old job and will be starting the new one next week.
I know I have said it before, but I do lead a blessed life. I am married to a wonderful man, have a successful career, and fill my off time with travel. I have family and friends who I love and treasure, and who love me in return. I hope all of you have had a good year too, filled with more joy than sadness. I can’t wait to see what 2015 brings!