As I sit here on the couch listening to the washer and dryer run, waiting for Jon to finish playing with paint samples and put the movie in (yes, I’m well aware of how lame we are…), I decided to do a little 2012 tribute blog. Some of the year was great, some not so great, but I suppose it can’t all be rosy. So here goes, in no particular order…
1. I hit my one year anniversary at my new job, a job where I feel valued and appreciated and love my co-workers!
2. I went on an amazing trip with Jon… nine days in Georgia, North and South Carolina. The longest trip I’ve ever been on with him! You can read about it from the beginning here…
3. My wonderful Martini kitty, my feisty girl with a protein allergy who loves sneaking meat and hates being brushed, was diagnosed with low grade diffuse alimentary lymphoma. Cancer of the blood cells. We started chemotherapy treatment in November, and I was heartbroken. So far, Tini is hanging in there.
4. I celebrated my two year wedding anniversary with my fabulous husband Jon. We didn’t do anything special, but our trip was our anniversary celebration (see #2 above).
5. I went to Michigan to visit my Grandma, who is 95!, and to attend my cousin’s wedding. And I got to see many of my aunts, uncles and cousins! I’m really lucky to have the family I do.
6. Jon and I got to visit some fantastic exhibits at some great museums. Gauguin at the Seattle Art Museum, King Tut at the Pacific Science Center, all the wonderful collections at the Detroit Institute of Arts, and the interactive musical experience at the Motown Museum. And all the amazing historic home tours that we visited on our Grand Tour!
7. I completed my third half-marathon! And it was for a great cause!
8. Jon and I went a fun wine tour in Washington and Oregon for the President’s Day long weekend. Wine, historic hotels, and even some antique shops!
9. I got a promotion at work! Talk about felling valued and appreciated!
10. We went on a fun long weekend trip to Chelan, where we tried lots of great wine and had one of the most fun and memorable drives home ever!
So, while the year certainly wasn’t perfect, and there were some ups and downs, I feel pretty blessed to live the life I do. Here’s wishing that 2013 is an even better year for all of us. Happy New Year!