Well, things have been moving very quickly. We put our home on the market a week ago, and got a full price offer on day six (with us paying their closing costs). Fantastic! That was much more quickly than I expected things to move. I guess that means that we priced the house right. Next we move into the inspection, and hopefully that goes well. I have fixed, maintained and updated a lot of things on my home over the years, so anything the inspector finds should be relatively minor, splitting hairs really. Cross your fingers now please.
So, today we also made an offer on a home that we have seen and loved. The owner had indicated before that she didn’t want to accept a contingent offer, but said she would be willing to look at our offer once we had an offer on our home. I doubt that she expected an offer on our home to come so quickly either. We hope that she will accept – although we fully expect her to counter. Cross your toes for that one.
And if you are of the praying persuasion, please say a little prayer to Jesus, or St. Christopher or St. Francis or St. Stanislaus Kostka, if you are Polish like me. Now that I have sold my home, it makes finding a new one that much more time sensitive…
I have also been talking to the mortgage broker. Pondering decisions like how much to put down (20% or more), and whether to buy the rate down with points. The only thing we know for sure right now is that we don’t want an escrow account. One decision down, 17 more to go!
This continues to be a very emotional process for me, as I have a lot of wonderful memories in my first home. And now we wait.